Its official I finished my Dutch class. I met a lot of super nice people in that class and it was fun. I am glad I did it. However, I am relieved its over. It stressed me out some days! Heaven forbid I have stress! Haha I don't feel like I can speak dutch fluently, but I am more confident. So, at least I have that.
It's Thursday. Thursdays are always busy around this house. I like it when things are that way. It makes time fly. When there is TOO much down time there is time for fighting or whining! Yesterday was a half day (wednesdays and fridays always are) and man was max in a mood! He would not stop whining and throwing fits. It was super frustrating because nothing would please him. These are the days when my patience is really tried. I think it is good for me though. Learning to deal with it helps me gain paitence. Besides I can't really blame poor Max. It's rough having two weeks off of school and then get thrown back into a schedule. He is probably exhausted from the morning routine, school, playtime and whatever else. He just needs a little time to re-adjust. All of them do. Heck, I need time too. hehe =D
Random thoughts... I love sour gummy bears! Haha We finally found some that were actually sour! Most candy that says its sour in Holland, really isn't. Oh I found another baby spider in my shower this morning! Haha Now, you may be thinking I have a spider problem. Well, not really. My room has a door that exits directly outside. Plus, I leave my windows open when I am home during the day to cool it off. So it is inevitable to get foreign creatures in my room! =D However, I am not opposed to bug spray! Not at all! Especially if the spiders get big. The tempature here is finally warming up. All week we have had sunny weather. Its suppose to rain the last two days, but we have mostly had overcast. Then all next week should be sunshine. Everyone says its about 20-25* Celcius (68-75*F). Which seems cool for you desert rats, but add a little humidity and it feels 90! I am not complaining. It is tolerable so far and I am enjoying it! I already got the flip flops out and Becky helped me find some clam diggers (see beach pictures on the Keukenhof weekend blog). I just need a few more pairs. Then it will start raining again. This isn't typical weather for may in Holland. Last, is my book update. I am reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest STILL! Sadly, its less then 300 pages long. I should have had it read the first day. It's very interesting, but for some reason I just haven't gotten that into it. I get too distracted. I need to just sit down and READ. Oh and I already have another book lined up. The same author, Stephenie Meyer, who wrote the Twilight series just had another book released. It is a sci-fi book called The Host. I must admit I am not into the Sci-Fi genre, but her description of the book intruiged me (thanks Tamsin ). Besides critics are giving it good reviews, I love her writing style, and its being called a sci-fi book for people who don't like sci-fi! Works for me. I will let you know how I like it once I start it in a week or 2.
Well that is about it for now. Tamsin wanted more blogs so I am doing my best to keep them interesting. Enjoy!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tess.. DOnt judge the spiders.. TO them and everyone else in Holland... YOU are the foreign obeject! haha!
funny beck.funny bunny.
dude...sounds like seattle weather...first hot day yesterday 80degrees but humid +no a/c in this city=hot mama!
hmm guess it just means training for you moving up here eh?
Post a Comment