A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Translate that!

Yesterday I bruised my eye! haha Ok not really my eye and it's not too bad. I was cleaning up the kids toys on the 3rd floor. Right above the little sliding cabinets is a beam. The ceiling kinda has a tee pee point with 4 beams going up along the corners. Anyhow, I stood up way too fast and slammed my temple right into it! I was rolling on the floor laughing and sooo mad while I held my eye/temple! It was hilariously horrible! Now just below my left eyebrow leading to my temple is bruised. Lucky for me it isn't too bad yet. Otherwise it would look like I was wearing horribly applied purple and blue eyeshadow! If that happens I will take a picture and apply eye shadow in the same manner to the other eye to even it out! It is however giving me a lopsided headache. LAME! Clumsy Tess!

I went to bed last night knowing I would get to sleep in this morning. I always sleep best when I don't have to program my body to respond to an alarm a few hours in the future! Which means I slept so well I remember my dreams. One in particular made me laugh super hard when I woke up. It makes no sense at all. Dreams are suppose to mean something right?! Translate this.....

I was walking across a parking lot, much like the St. George Wal*Mart lot. When I got to the far end to get into my truck (it was a white pick-up) I met up with Becky. Once I saw her we were suddenly inside the wal*mart type building. We stood in line at the customer service. I was second in line and stood there for, what I proclaimed in my dream, about a half hour. I was sooo mad because people kept cutting in line. When they would I would give them dirty looks say, "Excuse me I was next move it!" and then I would slide in front of them. Finally, I made it to the front and talked to the cashier. I asked him, "I need to get to the other side of Vegas is there a faster way then taking a train?". He looked at me puzzled and said, "No you need to take a train!" Then he set a ticket on the counter that looked like a raffle ticket along with a receipt. He proceeded to walk over to the register to ring me up. In the mean time I could feel the entire line of people behind me impatiently seething their eyes into the back of my head. So I said, "Never mind forget it I will figure something out! Thanks!". I truly didn't need or want the train ticket, but I took it anyhow without paying and walked away. I met Becky and....MISSY back in the parking lot. Only this time there was something next to my white truck that I amazingly missed the first time. There was a HUGE rock looking structure in the shape of a castle with banisters, doors, statues and rooms all over it! I said to Becky, "Are you driving?" and pointed to the castle on wheels! A huge grin came over her face and she said, "Yup lets go". In my head I could see where we were heading. A large open park meant for a concert venu near the coast. I hopped on and asked if they wait while I ran home in my truck to Hurricane and picked up extra clothes. They both pointed out it was 4pm and I could manage without. So, I agreed and got in the vehicle through the front door! I was really confused how this Huge thing could drive on the freeway or move anywhere! I asked Becky if she had driven it before because it belonged to her family. She simply replied, "Nope only from my house to here! Don't worry I know what I am doing". I said, "OK then should I call my brother Andy and ask if we can crash at his place once we arrive". Becky rolled her eyes and nodded her head back to the mobile structure we were standing on, "Tess...We can stay in this thing at the park, go pick a bedroom! OR wait are you ready to go I am going to start driving now!" I was so interested on how she would maneuver the thing without hitting stuff that I stayed to watch. Becky pulled out a remote control that looked like it belonged to an RC car! Suddenly we started moving quickly with little effort. Tiny spaces so easy to fit through it was like we were fitting through a door frame with no effort. In all of this Missy had found a bedroom and was calmly taking a shower like it was nothing to be on a floating castle! Before I knew it Becky was walking around the outside of the castle RC remote firmly in had. All of the statues came to life and were singing as they followed her from room to room, around every banister and through the entire place. We stopped in one room and there was a sign on a door that said, "Pee first before we go!" I was way confused and out of sheer curiosity turned to one of the singing statues and said, "Need to use the bathroom first" as I held the door open. These statues no longer looked like rock. They looked like hired actors with bad make-up and silly costumes. They guy smiled and him and a bunch of others proceeded to line up and use the bathroom. I walked away to finally go find my room and wondered how far we had gotten down the freeway......Then I woke up with the sensation that I needed to PEE!!! ahahahah!!!!

I thought the dream was soo random and silly that I couldn't help but laugh when I woke up. Its crazy how many details I remember. Usually I can't get that much sense out of a dream like that. So here I am at 9am blogging when I would rather be sleeping! Well now that its out of my head I have to go back to sleep. My left eyebrow hurts! Bye ...

3 comments:

Chelsea North said...

parking lot- having found a goal or purpose.

ticket- new plans for your life.

brother- dependent on oneself.

building- represents the dreamer.

statue- warning about addiction to approval and self elevation.

beautiful description of the dream. love it! what a great story. i wish i was with you...sounds like fun!

rachael said...

i do love that feeling, knowing that you dont have to wake up early.... then really enjoying sleep! i love remembering dreams too== always fun!

The Capitans said...

Ok so I dont check in on your blog enough. I would be reading for ever if I were to catch up. I miss ya though. I hope you are having a good time over there in Holland. I am kinda jelous. Well I hope to hear from you soon.