I am starting to enjoy my 3 day weekends! Saturday was so nice outside and I had been stuck indoors reading all morning. Fianlly, I gave in and went outside to catch some, ever so rare, sunshine! First, I went to the Albert Heihn, a local grocery store, and bought a noodle salad, bread, cucumber spread, and a drink. Believe it or not, all for only 5 Euros! Good thing because I am poor! Haha After that I headed to the park to read some more. Hey at least I was outside enjoying the great day and a fabulously delicously cheap lunch. Soon the phone rang and it was Becky. The plan was a trip to the beach the folowing day. I agreed and headed home after finishing a few more chapters.
Once I was ready I headed inside to let the Fam know that I was heading to stay the night at Beckys. OOPS! I didn't check the calendar and had to babysit that night. So, I was back to the plan of traveling to Becky's in the morning! Once there we decided the long bike ride to the beach wasn't worth it. Instead we got some lunch, found 50 Euros on a bench, rhode around on the bikes and then decided to search for a decent book store. It was getting a little cloudy outside. So, it was better to stay inside anyhow. The hunt for the next book in the Twilight series was unsuccesful. However, we did find some cute accesories at H&M! Don't worry mom I only spent 6 Euros! Heheehe That was all for the day.
This morning I headed to class, relieved my homework had been done since saturday night. I was running, frantically, 20 minutes late! To my suprise the teacher was out SICK! Hahahaha Wahooo! So I searched Amsterdam for a good bookstore. Finally I found a store called "American bookstore"! Lol they had my book in stock and I got a 15% discount for being a "student". Only 13 Euros! Much better then I would have paid anywhere else! Besides, after finding 50 euros on a bench I figured I could splurge on a book. If not I would have gone on strike with twilight and not finished the last 5 chapters. Especially if I couldn't find "New Moon" to continue reading the series!
Now, the book Twilight! Rachael, I must start by saying YES Edward is the "perfect" man. However, its not really just about him. The story itself is very good! You do envy Bella a little though. However, he is certainally something you know you could never have in real life. So, unless you plan on dating a vampire with magically good looks and a shifty temper, I think you are safe to read it. Honestly, I think you will love it! I had so many reservations with the book myself! I never would have picked it up if Cody hadn't given it to me for Christmas! THANKS CODY! Anyhow, overall review.... Fantastic. I plan to read the whole series. Plus, it is definetly a book I would read over again! I tend to have extremes with books. I either have no desire to read or I Wrap myself completely in them and can't stop. If its not a good read I don't get past the first few chapters and don't pick up another book, out of disapointment, for a long time. Anyhow, I suggest that it is a good read!
Last, Becky did change her web page address. If any of you are interested and hadn't heard yet. Her new page is linked on the left of my page. Click on the "Beck-Dogg Too" link and you are there. Her old one has been set to private and requires an invitation. However, she will probably only be blogging on her newly set up page! Enjoy!
Now I am going to get some "Ibuprofin" in my system. I need it after lugging 2 bags around Amsterdam to find the book I wanted! It was a nice day out. Could ya blame me! hehe Overall, a relaxing weekend!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hmm- still not sure on the book. but i might give it a try-
ps- i got your postcard a while back! it was a nice suprise! thank you!
Rachael- Glad you got the postcard and liked it! You really should give twilight a try... However, "New Moon" (the 2nd in the series) is something Im not too sure about. Good, but a little depressing in the chapter I am reading! My hands are COLD from reading the sadness...So, I had to take a break. I will let you know if it lightens up!
Awe yes it was the funnest day in quite some time... Though we did nothing!
Can I tell you that leaving this comment turned out to be a pain in the butt!
Post a Comment