A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Quite a Treck to and AROUND Dublin!!!



Hello there! The first thing I have to say is WOW! I love Ireland even more and it has been a crazy two days! I am a little exhausted so if you want to hear about our plane ride and arrival see becky's latest blog... www.speakingdutch.blogspot.com.

   Today we managed to see all of Dublin and more! A friend, Andi, recommended a local to give us a tour of the town. THANK YOU FOR THAT! We wouldn't have seen hardly anything if it weren't for that! David was like a personal tour guide for us today. He had dates, events, and major landmarks down pat! It seems David has given tours before and Loves to help out! We had a blast and walked the entire city. The tour took about 5-6 hours and was soo fun. We didn't even notice the time flying by. I feel like Pictures tell more then I ever could. So below are only a few of the places we visited today. Unfortunately they are a bit out of order and I have about 90 more to show, but I am tired and my lappy is about dead. Also, I am not used to this blog and I am not sure how to move the pictures how I want to! =D If you check back in a day or so I will have more!!! Here we go... 



                                                                 Original Alter in Kilmainham Jail!     


                                                            Me and Beck in the Main wing of Kilmainham Jail. Huge part of history! We loved this tour and they told us a lot of stuff that I didn't know!
         


                                                           Dublin National Museum of Art

                                                            St. Patricks Cathedral
 

                                                             ChristsChurch -SOooo Pretty!


                                                            Me just after arrival! We were soaked from dragging luggage onto two busses and then into the Hotel in the rain, but still had fun! 
                                                           Arlington Hotel in Town Center      
                                                          We got to watch some Irish Dancing!


                                                        In the background you can see Dublin Spike. It is literally just a HUGE spike that marks a big turning point in Dublins history. It replaces a monument that once stood in its place before it was bombed. 
   


                                                               This spike is sooo tall it is one of (or is? lol) the highest structure in Dublin! Its CRAZY!


                                                                         Liffey River

 I hope this gives you a taste of what we saw today. The people are so nice and the food is great. My bit of advice for anyone traveling Dublin is 1-find a personal tour guide, 2- Its really expensive so spend wisely 3- The Bus system is cheap and the best way to go, but once you are downtown you can walk just about anywhere! I had a blast! Keep an eye out for more pictures. We meet our families tomorrow and I need some sleep! Talk to you all later! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey
personal tour guides dont come around that often, you have to be really special to get them.
luckily enough i love both of you to give you the tour

David
* personal tour guide David