A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

As expected I have not kept up with the blogs, but I will do my best! 

First bit of business...To anyone reading this, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Can you believe it is 2008? I had a great time in Vegas on New Years with a few friends. Its funny we all sat around and talked about things we want out of 2008 and not really "resolutions", but one word that you would want 2008 to be.
    I have decided "Carefree"e will be my word. Not careless but carefree. I have always been so worried about everyone else. I do what people think I should be doing so much that I haven't been able to really enjoy myself. I may not always do what is expected of me, but that doesn't mean I don't worry about what I should be doing. I had a very in depth conversation with an old friend and boss of my in Vegas a few weeks ago. It was probably the best convo. I have had in a LONG time. Mostly about living life the way you want and not stressing about the silly and small things. In short everything we do, every person we meet, and every decision we make is for a reason! I feel like there are things I was sooo worried about leaving behind and taking care of instead of going to Holland that I was afraid to take the chance of a lifetime. There are people there that I need to meet and things I need to learn that I can't find anywhere else. All those other small things and worries will always be there for me to handle. I am glad I am leaving to Holland and I am Happy that Beck-dogg has encouraged me to. So my word for 2008 is "Carefree". I am going to live for me and learn all I can! 

   Even with everything above and all my excitement to go to Naarden I am still a bit nervous!!! I have an idea of what it will be like, but you truly never know until you experience. One good bit of advice I have been given from a friend at work is: "Don't be an American while you are there. Learn to blend in! People will like you better and you will be able to embrace the culture better!". Thanks Carrie I will do my best and let you know how it goes. Anybody else have advice?! WE LEAVE IN 6 DAYS!!! CANT WAIT AND SCARED TO DEATH!!! HEHEHEHE  I will keep you all updated on here! 

Love ya- Tess

1 comment:

Beckysue.sweet said...

When I think about it I wanna crap my pants! Stress! But I soooo can't wait! I"ll just have to have Xanax on hand at all times!