Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Girls Camp skills put to use! =D
Girls Camp Skill #1: First Aide- As you may have read in my last blog poor lil' Beaudine has gotten the chicken pox. I feel so bad for her. She barely wanted to move anywhere all day because she was in pain. I got her to get outside long enough to eat a snack and then it was back in the house! Then I helped her put on some itch creme and she was so scared. I took about 45 min so that I could do it nice and easy without her worrying. Then she slept. Which seemed to help a lot. By the time dinner time rolled around she was getting fussy again and I was happy she at least ate the little that she did. However, it took a little coaxing. She started crying because she was uncomfortable and the pain in her sweet little face made me want to just die! There wasn't much I could do. A hug or kiss would make matters worse from touching her. Poor girl! After some more creme and medicine she was doing well again! Oh and I thought Max has had pox before and it seems he hasn't. Time shall tell if he has to get them too. EEK!
Girls Camp Skill #2: Sailing- Ok Ok I never learned that. lol Lisa has been taking sailing lessons this whole week. She leaves early in the morning and gets back just before dinner. I kind of miss having her around the house. Though, she seems to be having a great time and I will see her non stop on vacation....
Girls Camp Skill #3: Ice Cream Making- Yes, I did learn to make home made Ice Cream at camp! lol Its really easy and I will post pictures on this blog. You take milk, vanilla, and any other flavoring you want and put it in a can. Then you put that can in another container twice its size. Add ice and Rock salt (we used extra sea salt) and seal it all up. Here is the fun part....Roll it across the table to a partner for about 15-20 min! Then open it up and you have Ice Cream! EASY and FUN! Max and I did this today. I liked spending time with him. He was very helpful and sweet all day long. We also made one for Beaudine since she couldn't help much. She loved it and the blew into it with a straw tell it turned into milk again! hahah It made a mess and bubbles everywhere. Seeing that she was happy for a few minutes I let her have her fun! lol
Girls Camp Skill #4: Star Gazing- lol Just this kind is of a different sort. Becky and I went with high hopes to get last second tickets to the Ben Folds show in Amsterdam on Sunday night. We got there two hours early. Lucky us some people had extra tickets and sold them to us at normal price! As we sat on the steps there was only 1 person who got there before us. A dutch girl, who spoke perfect English, named Liz. Once in we saw a fantastic show. I was way happy that we went!!! Liz and another girl Blake, from California, hung out with us during the whole show. They were both cool gals and had a great taste in music. At the end we waited by the stage and amazingly Liz got one of the drum sticks and Becky the Playlist!!! I was way happy for both of them since they are probably the biggest fans of Ben Folds. Then, we proceeded outside in hope of getting the newly acquired souvenirs signed by the back entrance. Eventually someone told us they had left and we didn't have a chance of meeting Ben. So we headed home. Only Becky missed her train and had to come home with me! The busses from my train station were done running for the night and I only had brought a bike for me. hahahaa Soooo Becky pedaled and I sat on the back of the bike! lol Poor Becky had to do all the work, but my knee was hurting and she did a better job then my first attempt! In the end all was well and it was well worth the trip! Man I wish we had a picture of me and Becky both on that bike! Great stuff and 1am! Well thats all enjoy the short slideshow above and sorry this blog is soo long. Hey, at least I am blogging! haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment