Monday, April 21, 2008
Norweigen Weekend!
This weekend Tamsin's friends Annika and Kari came to stay with me! Becky picked them up from the airport. She was a HUGE help to me this weekend! (THANKS BECKY!) They were so much fun. It is really nice to have some fresh eyes and a reason to play tourist around Amsterdam. We ended up doing a ton! On the list was visiting the Rijkes Museum (Rembrant Display was amazing), Showing the gals all the shopping, the Market (had a yummy snack there), and Lunch at De Kas. De Kas was FANTASTIC! I enjoyed every bite. You should look at their website so you can see what it looks like... http://www.restaurantdekas.nl/6openinghours_bookings.php Basically it is a MOSTLY organic restaurant. The land used to be an orchard and then they turned it into a resturant inside the greenhouse! Our lunch was 4 courses. We ate a lot of fish that I LOVED. There was fresh (white) asparagus, tons of other yummy veggies, and super tasty sauces. All of the food was very light and airy tasting, but super filling! We took about 3 hours to finish our lunch. I loved every minute of it! Anyhow, it was well worth it. I am happy the girls came. We really enjoyed ourselves and I loved the company. I will post up pictures as soon as I have them! Have a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hooray, I'm glad you had fun! Thanks for showing the girls around :)
Indeed it was a super fun weekend!
Naarden's in the news! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7364028.stm
pookie dookie!
First...miss your voice dearly.
second...your blog is comfort to a sick pouty soul.
Third...I love you.
D...i love your love for food and how you describe it. makes me hungry. your eyes are still so wide and grateful...reminds me to hit my reset button.
love
love
lerv
lots of it!!!
Post a Comment