A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Monday, March 31, 2008

What once was lost, now is found!

I FOUND MY BIKE TODAY!!! This morning on the way to class I parked the bike I was riding and happened to walk right past the one that got stollen! There is NO DOUBT that it was it. Half the bell missing, the left mud flap gone, and the light is a little rusty. Oh and a brand new seat on it! I was sooo mad at whoever had taken it! They put a new "frame" lock on it. I had to go to class and rushed for the train. On my way home I checked and sure enough it was still there! I tolk Myriam and she called the police to see if they would help us. There was nothing they could do because we had no proof it was ours! Grrr! I guess that makes sense though, but would a theaf go to as much trouble as to have the cops do it for them?! lol Anyhow, Myriam and I decided to steal it back in the end! On the way back from picking the kids up we loaded it in the car and hauled it home! Now we just have to get the lock off of it! It's an "AXA strong frame lock" any suggestions?! lol Ok well anyhow I am way happy about it!
P.s. I would hate to tempt Karma, but I HOPE THAT WHOEVER WE STOLE THE BIKE BACK FROM HAS TO WALK A LONG WAY HOME TONIGHT! GERKS! Phew feels good to get that out! hahahah

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Take a picture of it's idiosyncrasies so if they steal it back you can prove it was yours to the police.

Unknown said...

Dad said the serial number is usually on the cylinder where the pedals fit into the frame on the underneath side. Take a picture of that with an old newspaper (date verification) adjacent to it in case the police give you trouble. Since they put such a heavy duty lock on it, they probably expected you to eventually see it and try to retrieve it. A welding (cutting, settling) torch should cut that baby right off.

Unknown said...

Oh... a hand saw (i.e. Mikita) with a diamond blade (looks like a disk sander - 3" diam) will do the trick, too. Just make sure you get ride of the lock far from home without fingerprints.

Tamsin said...

Now I know to partner with my mother- and sister-in-law if I ever decide to take up a life of bicycle thieving! You two are quite the experts! ;)