So, I made you wait long enough so I have given you pictures first! BTW The pictures were being weird. If they don't load click "View slideshow" and it should work. The pictures are from the last 2 weekends that I have neglected to blog about. I think I did mention a little bit about visiting Becky the first time.
Last weekend Neils and Myriam had Becky come out to help me watch the kids while they were gone. They went to a spa to relax a bit before Myriam had to have surgery on her foot. Everything went pretty well. Beaudine was with her grand parents. We took Lisa and Max to the shops to get outta the house. We treated them to McDonalds and did some grocery shopping on the way home. When we got home Becky and I were preparing dinner and Lisa asked for some chips. I left for a bit and later discovered that Lisa had eaten the ENTIRE bag of chips. Sad part about that is Myriam and I had just discussed how she wanted them to eat healthy. We didn't mean for her to have the whole thing. I guess we should have made sure she had just a small bowl. Too late. We had a fun day though. However, at about 12am Lisa got a LITTLE sick and threw up all over the bathroom! OH NAY! It smelled like nacho chips ahahah even though Lisa swears it was the McDonalds because she didn't want her mom to know she ate a whole bag of chips. Of course we told her mom. lol Anyhow, she felt better after puking so it had to be the junk food.
After the weekend was almost over Becky and I decided to spend the rest of our sunday night/Monday morning in Amsterdam. We spent the night in a very cheap hotel. At first we thought it was this scary building covered in grafitti. Eventually we figured out we were on the wrong lane. Our hotel turned out to be decent. We loved the view! So, we hit the town to get a feel of Amsterdam. I expected it to be dirty and a bit scary, but it wasn't at all. We found a overpriced place to eat and then watched a movie. It was in English! The theater was really small. About 1 teir of ours with a small screen on the wall, but not too small. After all that Becky and I were going to go back to each of our homes, but Becky forgot her ipod in my room. So, we both headed back! Despite leaving early we missed 2 trains and ended up being late to pick up Beaudine (by about 20 min)! I was very frustrated and mad at myself! In the end it was ok, but I felt bad. I guess it could have been worse!
Finally this weekend, I needed a break from Naarden so I took off to good ol' Almaar to visit Becky again. Thank goodness for trains! It makes it so easy and cheap to travel. I had a pretty good weekend. We went on our first full day of shopping. Neither of us really have a lot of money, but it was nice to windowshop! I did get some new jeans for only 24 Euros and Becky found a GREAT jacket for only 20! What a deal for both of us. I was amazed to find jeans that fit! We took a bus from the local shopping to the town center. We got off at 1 stop to late and ended up in an amazing park. On the way to she center we found this great windmill! (see pics above) It was also great that we ran into a subway. I like Dutch food, but we just wanted something we are used to. We will have a full year to try Dutch food afterall. Sunday we had a late lunch at a chinese place. I had some weird, but tasty omlet covered in tomato sauce! Becky had orange chicken sauted in whole ginger. It was a strong taste, but good. After a long day and no money to spend (or not much) we found a video rental store and bought 2 previously viewed movies for 5 Euros each! Then, we grabbed some snacks and headed home. I enjoyed my weekend and am glad I went.
Well, I think I have written way to much! I guess I have to catch up somehow. Hahaha Well, I hope everyone is well. Let me know if you have any questions and if you like the pictures.
P.s. My Dutch lessons are going pretty well, but I am a bit overwhelmed! I had to miss last week because Myriam had a golf test! I will get through it. I just hate being the worst in the class! It makes me feel stupid! haha ok bye bye more on that later!




2 comments:
Aww, hooray for Tess's updated blog! And thanks for the cute post card, it's now on our fridge so we can think of you every time we open it :)
It was a fun weekend!
Post a Comment