The internet is still under construction at my house. So, Beck and I are at an internet Cafe. I only have 18min left and have been here 1hr 30min. So you get a quick breefing and no pics!
First things first. Becky came to visit this weekend. Things at her house have been a bit stressful and she has a lot to decide by wednesday. So, she is in Naarden for a little fun and time away. If you want to hear whats up with her check her blog. www.speakingdutch.blogspot.com
We deciced to go to Amsterdam this weekend. We started out with Becky arriving in Naarden on Friday. Some how in between the train and bus she lost her wallet. I was super worried. She had 130 Euros (half her check), Her Credit Card, and Drivers license all in it. As soon as she called I ran to the bus stop by my house. It is only about 2 stops from the station and we were hoping I could find it. However, the bus driver was a jerk and wouldn't let me look. I was pretty sure it was the right bus because 2 girls mentioned seeing a girl looking for her wallet. The assured me with smirks on their faces that it wasn't on the bus! I was certain they had found it and all her money! I felt terrible. To make a story short. Becky just so happened to also have a business card in her wallet with Peiter's business card (from the family she lives with)! Some man found it and brought it to the police station THAT NIGHT.
First thing saturday morning we picked up her wallet and EVERYTHING WAS STILL THERE!!! Amazing! I couldnt believe it. Becky got the guys phone number that found the wallet. Any suggestions on how to thank someone for doing that?! Becky was thinking of calling and thanking him, but doesnt know how. Maybe offer a free hair cut. Anyhow, Saturday we went to Amsterdam and tried to hunt down the Anne Frank house. We found it but didn't feel like standing in the line that wraped around the building. Instead we took some pictures and walked to a church next door that had a concert going on. We walked in to took pictures! It was pretty and I felt silly like a tourist, but loved it just the same. We had no clue what church it was, but soon found the grave where Rembrant was originally burried! What a find! Good idea Beck! Then we wandered the streets for more adventures for our last hour. We found a Market which was cool, but closing. So, then we headed home because I had to babysit.
Once we were home Becky realized that she didnt bring a skirt to church today. So, our genious brains thought we should alter one that didnt fit me to fit her! Great idea and it worked, but took tell 1am. I must say I am impressed with our quick thinking. However, we were too tired and ended up not making it to church! Silly kids! Oh well. I guess it was fun anyhow! All of this brings me to today. I am here now blogging and have 2min left! TIME TO GO! I will talk to you later. LEAVE ME COMMENTS LOVE YOU!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WOW! Lost her wallet and was returned with everything in it? See, there are still good people in the world. That reminds me of losing my wallet with the wedding shops $ in it for the day (about $3000 cash). I was so very worried. A girl found it and hand delivered it to the bridal shop untouched. I think I gave her $100 and sent her a thank you. Anyway, what a Becky relief! Glad you got a chance to blog. Sounds like you are trying to have some fun.
10:01 I should be working! What a weekend it was! And it was way fun!!!
Post a Comment