I know it is Tuesday already and I haven't told you about my weekend. Well, I haven't really had time. However, I must say I am getting pretty good at the picture slide shows! haha Ok well lets start from the beginning...
Saturday morning I got to sleep in. Becky had to watch the kids tell 12 while the parents went to Michella's "Hockey" game. So I was in no rush to get there. I jumped on my bike and made it just in time to make my train. I had only 1 connection in Amsterdam so it worked out smoothly. I was in a hurry and just grabbed chips, and a redbull. Bad breakfast, but yummy. The train ride is about 1.5 hrs (with the connection that took about 15 min). Once I got there Tonja (not sure on the spelling) and Becky picked me up. The platform I got off at was tiny. I am guessing the main one is much bigger then 1 platform!
Becky and her family live in a place called Alkmaar! Wanna see about where I had to travel to get there?! Google... "Naarden Bussum to Alkmaar Noord" and look at the map. I would paste it here, but I seem to be having trouble doing that on this site. I don't feel like hand typing the whole code! lol sorry. Anyhow, Her family is soo CUTE! The parents, Tonja and Peiter, are very funny and nice. Their English is pretty darn good compared to most. I only got to meet 3 of the kids. They were all very playful and curious.
On with the story... We decided to go down town and explore a bit. Once we got there we looked in some shops, saw the "Kaas"(cheese) building where they sell cheese, and got some lunch. We had a simple soup and sandwich. The soup was great! After lunch it was almost 5. It wasn't tell we went in a shoe shop that we realized that they close at 5! Oh Nay! So we called Becky's family and they picked us up. From there we decided to help make desert. We went shopping and in the end chose to make a No Bake Cheese cake. Dinner was burritos. I felt at home! I loved dinner. Our dessert turned out pretty good, but we didnt chill it so it was more like cheesecake pudding, but YUMMY! lol.
Sunday Becky and I got up to go to church. We were late of course, but not because we got lost. hehe Church was good and people were friendly. Sadly I got sick and threw up in the bathroom. I think I had just had way too much sugar! We got home and took a short nap. After that I felt just fine. We decided to take a walk tell we were hungry. Becky showed me this cool jungle gym. Its made out of Giant wire cables and a pole! It was awesome! We climbed on it and took a ton of pictures. When we returned we were both hungry and headed to a Greek restaurant that Peiter recommended. It was really good! I had a spinach pita and some other stuff, Becky had something she randomly picked off the menu that we couldn't even read! lol It was a bunch of meat and looked pretty good. Afterwards we had desert. It sounded and looked better then it tasted. Ice Cream with fruit and "hazelnuts" (they were walnuts) drizzled with honey and whipped cream. Sounds good right?! It was, but not as much as we hoped. After dinner I Caught a train back to Alkmaar. Some lady sold me her all day ticket for half the price! Tonja made sure it looked ok and it worked just fine! hehehe it was nice!
All in all it was a good weekend. Sorry this is such a long blog. I have also given you some pictures. I think pictures tell you more then I can here! Enjoy!...

2 comments:
Write On! Mama.
Sounds like you had a more relaxing weekend than exciting! How is Becky doing? How was her church families(lunch with the Stake Pres, etc.)? When shopping, have you noticed a difference in their clothes styles, colors, prices? Was it good to get back to your family and town or do you wish you could trade spaces? Just curious.
We're so cute! I love the pics! I can't wait to join you this weekend!
Post a Comment