A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Delayed Excitement

There has been a request or two that I blog somewhere other then Myspace (not that I Blog on Myspace much anymore). So, here is the lovely blog that you asked for, but where to begin...
I am happy it is finally november. It seems that this has been one of the craziest years. However, last year was not great for me. In comparison I am happy with this years events.
2007 is nearing an end and the big '08 will be here before we know it! What are my plans or goals for next year you ask?! Good question.
Goals are as follows and in no certain order:
1. Visit at least one foreign country
2. Sort through certain debts/issues
3. Continue the battle to loose some weight (so far unsuccessful)
4. Meet some new people
5. Take advantage of every opportunity
6. Record (blog) about things more often
7. SCHOOL even if its just a few classes
All of the above don't seem too hard to accomplish. One step at a time. This reminds me. To those of you I haven't told yet. I am moving to Holland (along with Becky). We are going to be AuPairs for families that we have found out there. My family seems very sweet. Becky decided to go first and then signed me up. We will be about 1hr, via train ride, from each other. Yesterday my passport finally arrived! I have been trying to hold in the excitement because once I tell everyone I feel like it wont work out! I am determined to make it work! This is my chance to travel. The best part is the place I REALLY have been dreaming of seeing in person is Ireland. Becky and I have decided to take a small detour to Ireland especially since we will be so close!
About the family and town: I will be living on the outskirts of a little town called Naarden....


There are 3 main roads that lead into the town. The town is shaped like a star or as I like to say a Snowflake! Its built with walls and a mote surrounding the whole place as a fortress used back in the day. Bike trails line the whole border. They are very close to the ocean as well. Just NE of Naarden is a little (or big im not sure) gulf that leads into it. Anyhow, Amsterdam is the closest City, which is about a 20 min train ride kinda North of Naarden. There is soo much to tell here so if you have questions let me know.

I have to go now. I need to get ready to go out with some friends. Keep checking back I will try my best to add more later! Thanks for visiting! =D hehe

3 comments:

ergo said...

woooo! party! i am so happy for you.

Tamsin said...

Yay for Tess's new blog! And yay for going to the Netherlands!

myr said...

Hiya Tess

What a great idea to start a blog! I'm sure you'll reach all your goals and we'll take good care of you! your family from Holland