Today Becky and I went to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. I really had a great time. Myriam was nice enough to let us use their museum passes so we saved €12.50 each! I enjoyed Van Gogh more then I thought I would....there were a lot of great and interesting landscapes and still lifes. Normally those bore me but he puts a lot of life and character into them. One of my favorites was some of Peach Orchards. It kind of reminded me of home...
speaking of going home...I am very excited, but today found myself sentimental and not wanting to leave holland! It has been such a great year and I am genuienlly happy! I will miss sooo much. Why change thing when I am so content? That's rare for me! Anyhow, I will be sad to go...
See ya all tomorrow...
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So totally TMHBL!!!! I just named my blog nearly the same thing as you Tess! And I didn't even realize it! hahahahahahah! www.speakingdutchtoo.blogspot.com
You're brother would be so jealous & so proud that you're taking in art. :O) He pretty much dreams daily of taking me to famous art museums in Europe. I won't tell him that you got to go cause then he won't have a reason to be mad at you when you get home. (Oh wait...he has plenty already!) LOL
Is this the Peach Orchard Van Gogh you liked?
When Tamsin and I went to Paris last Christmas the Dutch Masters section of the Louvre was closed. We were bummed. Oh well... maybe we'll have to visit Holland to make up for it. :D
I'm all for visiting Holland! Tess, you should come and be our native guide :)
Post a Comment