
Saturday night I was riding home from Amsterdam on the train. I was sitting across from a cute lil' old man. He must have been curious and started talking with me. It turned out he lived in Bussum as well and rhode his bike as we chatted half way from the train station. He is from Singapore and came to the Netherlands during Pearl Harbor. He remained here as a student and became a doctor. He has been here ever since and now retired, but worked all over the major cities of the Netherlands! He was such a nice guy! I wish I could meet random people like that more often!!! He made my day. I could really use another meeting like that right now...
Things are flying by fast. Next week the kids are out of school. Christmis is here and then New Years. After that we are flying home! Crazy I know... At the moment I REALLY don't want to leave. I am happy here and have been happy all year. So, why change that?! However, I am sure things will be fine once I get home. I am excited to return to school in January...its been too long!
Becky and I are going to Utrecht this weekend to see a friend we met a while back. Utrecht is about 30-40 minutes south of Bussum by train. Becky has kept in contact with her and she wants to show us around town. We will probably have some lunch and take a tour of the town. I am excited to go somewhere new! I will be sure to give a full report this weekend. Keep a look out.
Oh and for your Edecutational Pleasures...A picture of Zwarte Peit and Sinterklaas...This is what they look like in real life. If your confused see my past blogs. Sinterklaas has left and the "Kerstman" is coming for Christmas, but I still think you should see!....

1 comment:
Sint is a midget!
Post a Comment