A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Busy..Busy...Can you blame us!?

Sooo my explination for yesterdays blog? Becky and I think we are sooo funny! Plus we haven't had much time. We arrive home in about 15 days (see clock to left for exact time) and we are trying to jam everything into these last two weeks.

Yesterday we went to Amsterdam to go to our favorite Market, Jordan. Plus, we did some souvineer shopping that needed to get taken care of. Our friend Anel leaves in 3 days. So, she joined us in Am'dam! It was pretty fun.

Today we are having a nice little going away/Christmas party for Anel, thrown by herself! haha Becky and I made some Devils food, cream cheese swirl cup cakes! I can smell them downstairs! Sooo yummy. We all brounght €5-€10 gifts and did the old white elephant exchange! Very fun. The party is still brewin with pizza on its way. I will miss Anel tons! She is a pretty cool gal and so down to earth.

On another note. My host family left for Spain this morning. They are spending New Years there and I get the house to myself. Its nice to have some quiet time. Now I just need to be home long enought to enjoy it! hahaha Well I must get back to being social. Pictures tomorrow...I hope! heheh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Down to earth... Is that a SA joke again? Hehehe!!!
Thanks for all your work last night!!
Anel

Dani said...

WOW! I can't believe you'll be home in two weeks! Not only has the last few months flow by but these past few weeks have been even FASTER! Good luck wrapping everything up, cramming it all in, packing, and traveling! :)

Beckysue.sweet said...

Sheesh... i am so tired I can't even remeber what I was gonna comment... Oh! I know... Yo ugot like the Worlds BEST White elephant gift EVER!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What white elephant gift did you bring? And what did you end up with? Details, sister, details!

Also, no post for you yet on the 29th!?! Becky posted already... but you're slackin'!