A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Eye catching, ring breaking, clean green Retirement!

I love exchanging smiles with random strangers! You know what I am talking about. I know you do! Something funny or unusual happens and you catch the glance of a stranger nearby. Which leads to a smile that means you are both thinking the same thing! It's the best thing ever! haha That happened to me today.


My ring broke this morning! I am super sad about it! I have had it since I was about 11! Sooo sad. I used to play softball with it on my thumb and it got all bent up from holding the bat. Still, I wore it for all this time! Eventually a moment like this comes, but I refuse to get rid of it! hahaha *Sigh* Oh Well.


My room needs a major cleaning for the girls arrival this Tuesday. Maybe I will do it tomorrow. I guess it needs to be done sometime! Keeps me on my toes.


Other random thoughts:What Holland might consider a middle class person is what we consider RICH or maybe Retired would be better. It amazes me at how many BMW, Mercedes, and "High fashion" clothes I see roaming the street. They, the general public, take vacations more then once a year! They live like someone who is living off of a retirement fund luxuriously. It makes me wonder how they achieved such a common stature throughout the country! So not only financially, but in a Clean Green Earth way we should take a clue from the Dutch! hahaaaa Did you know Greenpeace is based out of Amsterdam! Go figure! =D


OH and Today is starting to feel cold ALREADY! My cheeks, hands, and nose are all freezing. Oh what shall this little desert rat do once December hits! hehe

1 comment:

Cody said...

Tess if you really where a desert rat like a kangaroo rat then you would pee solids it's true look it up