A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lisa's Birthday


Yesterday was Lisa's Birthday. Since Becky and I are trying to save for some trips coming up. Since I am low on funds I decided to make something for her. Which means she got a Monster! Hehe I think he looks like those neck pillows for traveling! lol



Lisa also got a new barbie with wings that light up! This girl has SOOOO many barbies, but at least she plays with them. She was very happy to get it.



In the morning when I came in the house I was shown the box for a playmobile castle. Lisa also got this for her birthday. Since her parents were working most of the day it was up to me to build it! This sucker took me 2 1/2hrs to build! Sheesh. Pretty neat though. They all loved it.



Neils came home early and we took the kids to the "Dieren Park" (Zoo) in Amersfoort. It's about 20 minutes from Naarden by car. It reminded me of the SanDiego Zoo. I didn't feel bad for the animals. They all seemed to be happy and have plenty of roaming space! Not as big as the one in San Diego, but still very nice. The kids loved it.


Well that was our day yesterday. Today it was DARK and rainy. The sun didn't come out tell about 4pm. It has been pretty good weather lately so I guess its ok for 1 day! =D


Oh, I finished another book. Sheesh It was good! A Thousand Splendid Suns was a very heartwrenching story. It is based around true events in Afganastan leading up past September 11th. There are a lot of things that I am AMAZED still happen in our world. Its sad, but well worth every minute of reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Beaudine that she is absolutely a doll face! She can sure show off for pictures. Love her hair... straight or curly... she is a adorable. I can tell that you love these girls so much. What a great gift for Lisa... I'm jealous!

Julie said...

LOVE the monster!!! I think it is adorable!! You already have MUCh better skillz than I ever will!!

So what trips are you and Becky going on?? Tell Becky Hi for me!!

Oh and I been meaning to ask...how long have you been in Holland and how long are you there for?? Your in Holland right? haha.....