This might be a bit of a ramble. I haven't got much to say, but I am sooo bored and should blog! =D Sooo....
Myriam didn't have to work today. It was a BEAUTIFUL day outside. It was sunny and just a light cool breeze. The humidity was very low. I wish everyday was just like it here. Myriam and I took the kids around town to run some errands. We went to the bank, butcher, Hema, and the library.
Myriam had me cross the street from the Butcher and get some fish for my dinner. I wasn't sure what to pick, but know I like white fish! I was so proud of myself. I placed the whole order and asked questions in Dutch. VERY LIMITED DUTCH, but enough that they got the idea. The girl was way sweet and responded just the same! Usually they recognize you suck at it and go right into English! lol I got a "Scholfis" (School Fish) which I am told is a shellfish of sorts. It was REALLY yummy! Can you believe I eat so much fish here mom?!
At hema we found some cute sketch books for the kids. Lisa's friend Laura had one that she did all kinds of fun projects in. Since I had been telling Myriam we should do scrapbooks for the kids, she thought it would be fun to! Its not the kind of scrapbooking we do with pictures and all, but it is still a fun creative way to make books for them.
Once we came home Myriam took Beaudine for a haircut while I stayed with the kids. Then it was dinner time and then I was off! haha All in all a nice and easy day! So yeah that's it! I hope it wasn't a waste of your time to read this! =D
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A fishy story - Bishop Johnson and a bunch of his men family flew all the way to Alaska to fish for over a week. They caught tons of Alaskan Red Salmon, cold packed it and brought it all home on the plane. Guess what? They absolutely hate fish. So, we were the lucky ones - recipients of some of the best fish in the world!
Post a Comment