A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Its 4am... Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once?!...

"Sometimes I give myself the creeps. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me!"

I went to bed really early and then woke up about 2 hrs ago and can't go back to sleep. So I have been surfin the web. I found some fun videos of Green Day's new venture of a sub band called The Foxboro Hot Tubs! I have known about the Hot Tubs for a while and love their stuff. I wish I were stateside so I could go to one of their very tiny venu shows! It makes me happy to see GD putting out new stuff even when its not under their name. I felt the same way when they created the band "The Network" as well! I love that Green Day does what they do. Better yet I love their old stuff still. One of my favorite songs of theirs is "Basket Case" from back in the day. I haven't seen the video in Soooo long and forgot about it. This time around it made me giggle a lot. You see I finished reading One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest this week. I love the book. It took me a while to sit and actually focus on it, but once I did it was GRAND! After finishing I was intrigued and wanted to see to movie. So, I found it online and watched it. Mehhhh as usual it doesn't come close to comparing to the actual book! Anyhow, back to Green Day. I had never read this book until now and then I watched the green day vid for Basket Case. They are referencing the book/movie in the entire video. Its funny to see. The dude smashing a sink/cabinet through the window, the nurse, cage, microphone, and shock therapy. Its All there! hahahaha. I know you all wont be as amused as I am by all this, but hey this blog typing is making me sleepy....I think I shall go back to bed...check out the video! Being that this song was released on the dookie album in 1995, the boys look sooo young and compared to their recent music videos very inexperienced, but still amazing!...


Background info about this Video was found on wikipedia! CRAZY ... "The video was shot in an actual mental institution, at the request of the band members. The mental institution had since been abandoned, but most of the structure remained in a broken-down state. The band members found deep scratches in the walls and dental molds scattered around. The music video was actually shot in black and white and the color was added in later, contributing to the surreal effect of the video. The video was nominated for multiple MTV Video Music Awards in 1995: Video of the Year, Best Group Video, Best Hard Rock Video, Best Alternative Video, Breakthrough Video, Best Direction, Best Editing, Best Cinematography, and Viewer's Choice Award."............

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4312627994410134356&q=Green+Day+Basket+Case+Video&ei=8VJDSJPQAoaYigL6mYnuCQ


P.s. I am officially adding something to my Birthday wish list! I WANT lol a copy of the Foxboro Hot Tubs new album!!! haha Other then that...Things are going good. Becky and I had a fun weekend. We went to the market in Alkmaar. It was crazy going back to that place knowing that Becky used to and doesn't live there any more. I bought a new leather belt for only 10 Euros. *Zing what a good buy!* =D It was a well needed purchase. Also, we started (becky finished hers) to make some more cuddle bugs. I will tell you more about those later and post pictures, but basically they are a smaller version of Cuddle Monsters! hahaha We are soooo coining the names. Well I am off to bed now. Nighty Night!

1 comment:

Grandpa Corn Dog said...

It sounds like you need some rest!