A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Nuttin' Honey!

This week has been a little different. Myriam got the job that she wanted and is now working 3 days a week! She seems to like it so far. What does this mean for me? Well tuesday, wednesday, and thursday I am by myself all day. That means I make dinner and everything. Its really not so bad. I don't mind making dinner and so far things have gone smooth. Heres to hoping it stays that way!

At the moment I can't think of much else to say....Oh yes one thing. I was thinking the other day that we will be in france in July. This means that I wont be here for my birthday. Sooo if any of you were planning on sending me a present...wink wink...nudge nudge....you should send it early! Hahahah That means you only have 1 month. Also, Tamsin and I decided it is totally appropriate to post a wish list. LMAO. I mean c'mon you don't wan't to send something overseas that would have to be returned! hahah j.k I sound soo spoiled and truthfully I expect nothing. However, if you insist on sending me anything at all here are a few things that I NEED. =D

*Jeans from Lane Bryandt (Size 2 RED- needs to be red #2's-Preferably dark wash)
*Deodorant -Suave Powder Fresh hehe
*Tampax Pearls (PLASTIC applicators rock! sorry boys and if you don't know why I am asking for that then refer to previous blogs! lol)
*Any cute summer type tops! OR Undershirts from Costco! (usually size L or XL)
*A bag of chocolate chips! (There is no such thing here! How is a girl suppose to be a good nany if she can't make proper chocolate chip cookies! On that note...)
*Measuring spoons!!!
*Pop tarts?! Haha or any typical American treats you think I may be missing! lol


OK so don't take the list to seriously. I needed something to blog about and I am just bored. Besides it never hurts to say what you wan't right? Doesn't mean I actually expect it...Thats why its a WISH list!!!

LOL I have a quick thing to vent on. SORRY Myriam if you read this! I'm not saying your wrong, but I am stubborn and don't want to be wrong either! Haha I just have to get everone's opinion on this. You see today (friday) I dressed Beaudine in an all pink dress w/ a light green flower on it and brown stockings! They aren't crazy shades. Pretty neutral. Kinda like these colors here.... http://www.aisledash.com/tag/pink-and-brown/ (BTW they are HOT wedding colors this year). When I worked at Divid's Bridal in Las Vegas it was just starting to be a FAD. I would sell this one Light pink, tea length dress with a brown sash on the waist all the time. I thought it was soo stinkin' cute. I also thought Beaudine was to. However, Beaudine is ALWAYS cute. I wear pink and brown together all the time. Anyhow, Myriam told me this morning that Beaudines brown stockings don't match her pink dress. So, don't get offended here, but it is one of my favorite color combinations! I have no fasion sense, but this is one I know works. I would really hate to be wrong all this time! So, I want your opinion...Do you think pink and brown match?! I mean I know it depends on individual opinions and everyone has different taste, but I want to know that YOU think and if you would wear it! Hehehe SOrry Its driving me nuts!

LOVE YOU ALL DAG!!!

2 comments:

Tamsin said...

1) I'm amazed that they don't have plastic applicator tampons, chocolate chips and poptarts in the Netherlands. They do in Norway, and Norway is not exactly on the cutting edge of having stuff from other countries.

2) It surprises me that you use plastic applicator, miss Greenpeace! I would have thought you'd be on the biodegradable train.

3) Pink and brown are a perfectly viable colour combination. That's what last season was all about! Brown is still the new black, and I'm knitting a pink and brown sweater, so how could that possibly be wrong?

4) Do you really think I could post a wish list now?

Unknown said...

Hey, brown, creamy chocolate with pinkish, red strawberries are a delectable color combination! We love you anyway Myriam!
-Designers by Trade