A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Playing Around...

Sorry it has been a week since my last real blog. Sometimes it is hard to keep up. We have been busy busy with nothing too special. However, there is tons of fun to share. Where should I start. Oh I will tell you the stuff in order of the slideshow below. Becky came over on Saturday to cut the girls hair. We have been trying to arrange it for a while it just never really worked out. The girls look great! Beaudine was excited about it and Lisa wasn't. I was supprised because usually it would be Beaudine throwing a fit! They both look great (in my opinion anyhow)! Earlier this week, Friday, Lisa and her friend had flute lessons. Afterwards we took some fun photos on the playground! (See Below!) Last up, Myriam had a super idea of making a magnet board for my room. This way I can hang stuff up, but not on the walls! Basically, she bought a metal sheet with holes cut in the corners for screws. To prevent the metal grease and stuff hurting the walls Myriam suggested I spray painted the back with white paint. Then I took some striped adhesive paper (kind of like the book cover material) and covered the front of it! Finally it was done and ready for the wall! It looks really good and I am excited to put stuff all over it!

Saturday after Becky cut the girls hair we headed to Amsterdam. We saw a movie, 27 dresses. I liked it a lot. Its a MAJOR chick flick though. Just the same I am glad we went. We headed to Becky's house around 11pm and watched a movie while eating freshly made guacamolie and chips! Sunday we planned on going to church, but I woke up not feeling well. So, we went back to bed. Later sunday we made Fajitas! YUMMY! It reminded me of food from home. Makes your tummy happy. However, I still had a splitting headache so we went back to bed for a nap! I guess I have gotten allergies or something. It's not quite a cold. I hate it! Anyhow, that was my weekend. Today was just the normal school and then come home and relax day. I am going to settle back into my book very soon! OH YEAH. I finally got the 3rd book in at the book store. I started it on Friday night and am about 1/4 the way through it. Other then that I haven't had much time to read. Nor have I felt up to it! I also don't want to finish too fast because the 4th and final book in the twilight series doesn't come out tell August! Any book suggestions for me until then?!

Well I hope you enjoy the photos and have a great weekend!

No comments: