A Blip Of Life As An AuPair In Holland!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Old Fashioned blog in Dutch! =D

Happy St. Patricks Day! on to the blog...


**"Mijn oudere zuster het Chelsea. Zij woont in Seattle Washington. Mijn zuster is minderlong dan ik. Zij heeft kort donker haar en draagt een bril. Chelsea is zeer en heeft een flinke boezem. Zij is populair. Zij is een beetje gek, maar is mijn favorite zuster!"**

Haha I have class tomorrow and my homework assignment was to describe a sibling. Part of that isn't true, but I needed an extra description or two! Myriam checked and edited it for me. hehehe Its actally pretty amusing if you go to babelfish.altavista and try to translate it! I haven't tried other sites, but its not an exact translation! If you still can't figure it out and want me to tell you then just ask! hahaha! I get to read it outloud in class tomorrow! I will let you know how it goes.
Whats new you ask? Hmm well we are still finalizing plans for Paris, but should be sorted out tomorrow morning! I am getting a little bit of a scratchy throat/cough. Nothing bad yet, but its annoying. Probably doesn't help that I spent almost 4 hrs in the rain in Amsterdam this afternoon. Oh and I was doing that because I went on a date! Yeah! lol This guy named Dario (hij het Dario) asked me out. Sorry Chelsea he isn't a hippie...unless hippies work for airports! We had lunch and just walked around Amsterdam. He was a complete gentleman. We had fun. Well, I hope everyone is well!

Chelsea-My favorite color is hmmm well I dont have one. I do like Pink and brown together...or uhhh well I don't decriminate. All colors are beautiful. Oh and Im a little confused by the "Suggestion: DONT GO TO PARIS...yuk!" hahaha Is that scarcasm!?

Madre- My Dutch class is ok. Im still struggling. You can see what I am doing in class from the first paragraph of this blog. Don't get excited though. I can barely pronounce any of it and I had help from the internet/Myriam to compose it! hahahaha As for books...well I haven't been taking time to read, but I want to finish Harry potter #7 soon. Becky found a copy of it in English for me. Plus , I have "Twilight" here with me. I plan on reading that soon also...hahaha whenever that is!

3 comments:

Wendy mammuccia said...

OOORAH! How did you meet Dario and is he native Dutch or what? What are his interests? Describe him a little so we can just imagine. Glad you are making new friends. Haven't had a chance to translate your homework, but I fancy how interesting it sounds when I read it out loud. Does Myriam help you pronounce?

Beckysue.sweet said...

Yeah Tess I dont think the translation is quite right! hahahah!!!!!!
My older sister the Chelsea. She lives in Seattle washington. My sister is less lung then I. She has short obscurity its and carries an optical device. Chelsea are very and have a considerable bosom. They is popular. She is a beetje crazy, but is my favorite sister! * *

Tamsin said...

"She has short obscurity and carries an optical device" I want to put this on a t-shirt for Chelsea!

It's kind of crazy how much Dutch I can understand because it's pretty close to Norwegian. It's kind of like Norwegian and German had a baby and named it Dutch :)